It can be challenging to know where to begin with the wide range of teeth-whitening products and procedures available. For you to have a whiter and brighter smile, Cygnet Dental has set up this guide for better understanding.
At-Home Whitening Products
An effective and popular technique to whiten your teeth is with at-home whitening kits. Whitening toothpaste, strips, and trays are just a few of the products that are offered.
The way that whitening toothpaste whitens your teeth is by removing surface stains. Although whitening toothpaste may make your smile slightly more radiant, whitening strips do more in a shorter amount of time. Whitening strips are flexible, thin strips that have a whitening gel coating. The strips are applied to your teeth for a specific amount of time each day, and over several days or weeks, they gradually whiten your teeth.
Whitening trays are filled with a whitening gel and are created specifically for your teeth. Your teeth gradually become whiter as you wear the trays for a set period each day. While this approach might be more costly than whitening strips, it might also be more successful.
In-Office Whitening Treatments
The fastest and most efficient approach to whitening your teeth is through in-office whitening procedures. These procedures are carried out by a dental expert and normally entail applying a high-concentration bleaching solution to your teeth.
Your teeth are treated with a bleaching substance, which is then activated with a specific light throughout the procedure. One treatment can yield noticeable improvements, and the procedure typically lasts an hour.
Custom Whitening Trays
Similar to the trays used in at-home whitening treatments, bespoke whitening trays are designed to fit your teeth specifically. This makes sure that the teeth-whitening gel is applied uniformly, which produces a more even and efficient whitening.
You’ll need to see a dentist who can take impressions of your teeth to acquire custom whitening trays. The trays are next created in a dental lab, where they are usually finished in a few days.
Keeping Your Whiter Smile Healthy
Once your smile has become whiter, it’s crucial to take precautions to keep it that way. Here are some suggestions for maintaining white, healthy teeth:
- Brush & Floss Regularly: Frequent brushing and flossing can help avoid stains and maintain the condition of your teeth.
- Avoid staining foods and drinks: Steer clear of foods and beverages that can stain your teeth, such as coffee, tea, and red wine. Try to restrict how often you consume these things or brush your teeth right away after.
- Use a straw: Employ a straw to assist in limiting the amount of liquid that contacts your teeth when consuming stains-causing beverages.
- Stop smoking: Smoking can make your teeth yellow and stained. The whiteness and health of your teeth can be preserved by quitting smoking.
- Go to the dentist frequently: Frequent dental cleanings can keep your teeth healthy by removing surface stains.
A whiter, brighter smile can enhance your appearance. You may whiten your smile safely and effectively with a variety of products, so if you are looking for current treatments for teeth whitening in Grande Prairie, reach out to Cygnet Dental.